Monday, August 16, 2010

How to deal with ex-boyfriend?

My ex-boyfriend and I went out for 2 years. I have been going out with my current boyfriend for 2 1/2 hours. I love my current boyfriend more than anything and plan on spending the rest of my life with him. The problem: my ex was my first love, but we all come from the same small town and now live in the same city going to college. Lately, we have hanging out with him some, which is hard b/c even though I know why we broke up and don't want to be with him, he WAS my first love, and i do believe you never completely get over your first love. It sucks being around him. I keeps me thinking about him to some extent. Lately, I have been having dreams about being with him again, and wishing I could just ask if he still ever thought of me in that way.


What can I do to stop these thoughts. I know he will always be around to some extent, so I can't keep thinking this way!How to deal with ex-boyfriend?
Bottom line......is your ex better than your current? If not, don't be stupid by the fact .... Oh, he's my first boyfriend...love...somebody had to be, right???? Of course, you get over your first love, otherwise you will still be with him. I know that sounds way too logical, but it really is. Doesn't mean he doesn't have a special place in the chapter of your life, but there are chapters that always follow.How to deal with ex-boyfriend?
think of it this way, yes you loved him but this current boyfriend is your first real love since you want to spend the rest of your life with him. your ex is your ex for a reason. if it bothrs you to hang out with him just stop. simple as that.
you may think that this is an insane idea but i really think you should stop hanging out with your ex because he seems to still have a pretty strong hold on you and if you're not careful you just might mess up your current relationship, so, if you value this current relationship you'll have no problem with letting go of your ex, not that i think it's your ex's fault but this whole thing with him just isn't working
sounds like your getting confused girlfriend always remember one thing though do whats best for you
Thanks for straightening out the time line....lol You will always remember a person you have been close with, it's just life. I deal with my ex-wife all the time. Things we did, songs we liked, even though we are divorced, they are still memories. Use the things you learned in you're old relationship to make your current one better. That's what it comes down too, you have already moved on, but just thinking or dreaming about a person does not mean you should go back, just that you want that same type of relationship again.


Good luck
you can't help that you think of him in that way, come on he was your first....who forgets their first love and the memories that come with it...sometimes thoughts just come from no where you may not be meaning to have those thoughts...but they just pop up...i think whats happening here is you still have a special kind of love for him and feelings too, not that you want to be with him....its just that he was your first love...and you will always have some kind of feelings for your first regardless...even when you have moved on it's totally normal......so i don't think you could just totally stop those thoughts....the more you try to stop from thinking about it the more you are....so don't feel guilty cause of it , because our minds will always be full of unwanted thoughts.
if that keeps happening to you and your thoughts are with your old boyfriend your new relationship will never work..


I would cool it with the new guy until you can sort this thing out for yourself.
Just forget the first love. If you really love the guy you're with now. You shouldn't be thinking about this guy anyway.
you can get over your first love.
All you can do is ask him. I dont know if its possible to get over your fist love. I think about mine everyday and wish I was back in his arms. It might just be you curiosity of wondering what could have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment