Friday, August 20, 2010

Recently separated after 23 yrs and need advice on how to deal with my ex wife having sex with someone else?

My wife and I are finally through. We are still married but have our own places and are moving on. The thought of her being with another man gives me great anxiety and pain. It's literally consuming me. I don't know if this is common with men or not. Any advice on how to move on will be greatly appreciated.Recently separated after 23 yrs and need advice on how to deal with my ex wife having sex with someone else?
you should file for divorce, it is common to be hurt, especially after all those years of being with someone. If you both are moving on there is no reason to stay married to that person.Recently separated after 23 yrs and need advice on how to deal with my ex wife having sex with someone else?
I'm in exactly the same place you are (except for the time, we've only been married for five years).





If you don't plan on getting back with her, find someone else and bang her brains out. Quit keeping an eye on your soon to be ex wife.You're seperate for a reason.





Edit: Since you were nice enough to friend me, I'll add to this :P





When my wife moved out a few months ago, I was heart broken, especially when our 6 year old told me about her ';friend';, and how they dated before she met me (not sure how my son knows this but what kid would make that up?).





I soon realized that she was too controlling and that I was happier without her. I still miss her, don't get me wrong. But life goes on, and so did I. I bought a PS2 and some games, made a female friend who enjoys me for who I am, and I got on with my life. It's been a month and a half, and it' s been the best month and a half of my life.
You are grieving the loss of your relationship, and i do believe what you are feeling is simply a part of that process.





The best advice i have is to find productive ways to occupy your spare time. A hobby, the gym, a class?





I'd also recommend spending time with friends and family when you can. Try to keep active and busy.





I know it's difficult - i've been through a divorce myself. Below are a couple of websites which discuss coping with divorce. take care.
It's common with women too. I'm two years out of a split with my ex, who I was with for 11 years. Despite the fact that I know now that our splitting was inevitable and for the best, the thought of him sleeping with these other women he seems to have no trouble finding... makes me nauseas, jealous, insecure, depressed, angry, it makes me feel BETRAYED even though I know we're not together anymore. It's getting better though. A year ago I would cry at the thought... now I just don't like to think about it but it doesn't consume me as much. It's very normal. It's normal because she in essence was ';yours'; and off-limits to others for so long... and now that's out the window. You'll be fine. Hang in there. It's tough and many of us can relate.
I was in the same situation earlier this year. Get out of the house my friend! Get out and do something... anything! Go to the bars, go to a movie, go exercise at the gym, just get out and do something to help get your mind off of it for awhile. Over time it will lessen and you'll start to feeling more like yourself.
Well, no matter what you two have been together a long time, so you will always have feelings for her (whether you deny it or not!). The best way to move on from that would be to develop some hobbies, to keep yourself busy. Then when you are ready, find yourself a girlfriend. When you keep yourself occupied, you tend not to think about things much. Good luck!
This is when a man should buy some gadgets like a videogames system/computer/some other big ticket item like a car or something.... Then hit up the gym or workout at home and pray to god and go to church......





I am single and maybe being single is not bad after all.
There isnt any adivce except to keep trying. Do things that keep you busy mentally as well as pyshically! It shows in your words youwere not ready for this how long have you seperated? Is there any chance to make it work again? If no then you just have to have the mindset and to heal!! it wont happen overnight could take weeks. But eventually it will become easier. Hope all goes well.
def go bang someone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment