Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Advice on how to deal with ex-husband?

Me and my ex have been divorced for 2 1/2 years. We have both remarried. It's in the divorce papers that he's responsible for the house. He still hasn't taken it out of my name so if he defaults it comes back on me. I have explained to him that this also means that if something happens to him right now the house would come to me and I would give his current wife 30 days to get out (I was hoping this would motivate him to get the ball rolling). I don't know what else to do. Should I seek legal counseling? I'm leaving the country for 2+ years and would really like this taken care of but don't know what steps to take from here. He is supposedly working on and assumption loan but I've worked in mortgage before and it doesn't take as long as he's been ';working'; on it.Advice on how to deal with ex-husband?
you will not be responsible because you have been cleared by the court. You've worked in mortgage before, you should know this./ You will not be able to evict his wife because he is a sole title holder now, even if your name is still on the papers.Advice on how to deal with ex-husband?
It does if his credit has slipped. You should know that. You can sign a quit claim deed and remove your name from the deed but not the loan. A new loan is the only way to do that. I do agree that the time has been excessive. Let him know that he's got to get it done or you'll have no choice but to seek legal counsel.
If it's in the divorce papers don't even waste time with him. If you want you can let him know that you are going to the courts but if not oh well just go get it done.
take his a*s to court

No comments:

Post a Comment