Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I deal with an ex-supermarket manager who gives me dirty looks?

I shopped every week last 10 yrs at a local supermarket spending about $200 a week. Its a filthy store, the people who work there are nosey. Also one time I only spent $50, the manager ran over and said ';fill up your cart, spend more money';.. The deleivery guy was always complaining about carrying my stuff..My friend told me about an online supermarket here in NYC called Fresh Direct. You order online, they deleiver to your door. I used them and they were great and the food was very clean and fresh unlike this supermarket delevery guys are very happy and nice to bring my packages.


I pass by the old supermarket to get home, past few months the manager just stares at me, giving a nasty look, not saying anything. recently ..manager ran over to me and said ';have you been on vacation';? I said ';no I use fresh direct now, the online supermarket, its great';. His mouth dropped, starred at me, saying nothing and i walked away. He continues to stare at me.


How do I deal with this Person?How do I deal with an ex-supermarket manager who gives me dirty looks?
If that place is as horrible as you say, they'll be losing more than just your business. I think you when he asked you if you'd been on vacation, you should have been honest about why they lost your business. Maybe you should open up that conversation now. They should know that they are unpleasant and putting too much pressure on their customers.





However, if you don't want to do that (you're under no obligation to, obviously), then my suggestion is that you either smile and wave or don't look at him at all as you pass by. I'd smile and wave - it may startle him enough that he'll stop giving you looks. Or you could just approach him and say that you understand that they are upset that they lost your business, but you'd appreciate if he would stop with the hostile looks.How do I deal with an ex-supermarket manager who gives me dirty looks?
flip him the bird, its NYC, he will get it!!! LOL
I think you're paranoid. I don't care where you live, you could avoid this place if you wanted to. You just don't want to, or you see these behaviors no matter where you go. Sorry if I sound like I am being harsh. I believe people should hear the truth.


.
ignore him. OR just tell him your reason for why you stopped shopping at his store. maybe he'll get the hint
ignore him, it's your prerogative to shop where you want with no explanation to him. if he approaches you again, tell him to stop harrassing you or you will go to the authorities.
he'll get over it, esp with his pushiness to tell u to fill up ur cart more. he should be embarassed. i live in nyc and no one has ever spoken to me like that so i would just smile and wave if he gives u dirty looks, maybe he shoudl work on being more friendly and it might win u back as a customer.
Next time this happens, and he gives you the dirty look, stop and look him straight in the face and say, ';If it weren't for your lousy customer service and snarky attitude, I'd still be shopping here. It's no one's fault but your own that you're losing business.'; Then, walk on.
I would not look in his direction. If he keep bothering you tell him look stop staring at me, I don't like your market anymore leave me alone.





Walk on the opposite side of the street. I might take you out of the way, but at the same time we all need a little bit of exercise.
If that store is dirty as you say it is,you can report them to the Department of Health for it.A grocery store should not be that dirty,It's unsanitary and who knows what you can get from the food.Report them to the Health Department as soon as possible for the publics safety.
Tellhim that he's starting to annoy you.Tell him you aren't rude to him.Don't be too brash but, be assertive whatever you do don't whine.If he continues ignore him.
Say your schedule has gotten so hectic you had to go to an online service but you'll stop in next time you have some extra time.
It sounds like the supermarket manager has the problem, not you. You fixed your problem by using a different method of purchasing your groceries, solving your problem of rude, nosey and annoying grocery employees.





Now you have to deal with the manager STILL being rude. I would just ignore him. It doesn't take long to walk past the store and I hope he isn't out there everyday you walk home. Just consider it the price you are paying for a better grocery experience. At least you don't have to go in the store anymore!
The best strategy is to ignore him completely. Don't even look at the store as you pass by. This person has obviously no idea of what would bring you back to his store (cleanliness, efficiency, fresh products, friendliness). Pretend to be on your cell phone as you pass by. That usually connotes a complete lack of interest in your surroundings.
Ignore him. You told them one time why you were not coming there. Don't let dirty looks bother you.

No comments:

Post a Comment