Monday, August 16, 2010

How would you deal with an ex who told your child he would put a bullet in you?

My son (12) came home from his dad's house and told me that his father said ';Your mother isn't going to put me in jail for not paying child support, if I go to jail it will be because of a bullet';. Then he formed his fingers into a gun and made a firing sound with his mouth. My son is tripping a bit and I don't know what course of action to take. This is really scary. What recourse do I have?How would you deal with an ex who told your child he would put a bullet in you?
This is definitely worthy of a call to the police. And you need to halt visitation immediately. Get ahold of legal aid and explain your situation. They will be able to direct you to the right resources.How would you deal with an ex who told your child he would put a bullet in you?
Oh my goodness. That is absoutly awful. I would inform the police, those are threats and threats should be taken seriously, expecially with a crazy man like the one I'm reading about. You have to be crazy to tell a child that you are going to kill his mother. CRAZY @$$. Talk to law enforcement and don't take this lightly.
it should not matter about funds


go and see the prosecuting attorney and tell him what was said, tell him you want a restraining order against your son's father, that you are not sure if he meant that he would put a bullet in you, or in your son, but that you want him to stay away from both of you
omg I would tell the police. He doesn't sound as if he's mentally there. I would be to afraid for my son to visit with him any more.


You have to tell the police cover yours and your sons back, that way if anything does happen he'll be the first one they go to.





God Bless
Take the child to the police and have him re tell the story to a cop and file a complaint and then file for a restraining order against him to not be near you or your son and then get a lawyer!
Go to the police and take your son with you and let him tell the full story to them. Perhaps the police will control his actions, and keep an update on him for you.
I would verify with your son that your ex did say that. If you have reasonable belief, I would get a restraining order, because making death threats is not something to laugh about.
I would go to the police to let them know the situation, so they will know this.
Police report and restraining order. Now!
Sounds like he just listen to the Eminem Cd
you need to call the cops ASAP and file a report
Well, have you been telling your son that you were going to have his father put in jail for not paying support? It looks that way to me; I don't really think he would have just said that out of the blue, with no provocation. That's a LITTLE better than your ex saying what he did, but not by much. Neither of you should be putting your kid any more in the middle of this mess than you have to, and that includes making him the middle man for your arguments.





Not only that, but the title of this question led me to believe that he literally threatened to shoot you. But the content of your question was different; he COULD have been threatening to shoot you, but he technically didn't. You'd probably have a hard time taking any kind of action against him just because he made a gun shape with his fingers and said that if he went to jail it would be because of a bullet, but you could always ask your attourney, or even the police, if there's anything that can be done to make sure you are safe.





If it were me, I'd call the guy up and tell him thanks a lot for scaring the crap out my son, you bloody coward, and next time you have something nasty to say, please say it to ME and don't force your son to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment