Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I deal with my ex's new wife?

My ex just got remarried. Now his new wife is telling my kids that they should call HER mom! I have tried to talk calmly with them about how I don't like it but he don't care either way and she just yells. Now she is being rude to my children and he does nothing about it. What can I do about it? By the way... the new wife and I got along fine before they got married. She even had me watching her kids.How do I deal with my ex's new wife?
your going to have to deal with this woman for a long time, so best to try not to fight with her, because it does seem as if she controls the show. she seems like someone that likes to be in control, and won't listen to anything u say anyway. unfortunately this is what sometimes happens when there's a new wife in the picture.How do I deal with my ex's new wife?
Why did you make such a big deal about how they addressed her? It's only a title and it doesn't take anything away from you. It would have been possible to make them more secure by feeling there was a loving mom and a real mom. Instead you ended up with someone who now you can fight with forever and have put your kids in the middle of the dumbest battle you ever fought. Some day your kids are going to thank you as they leave for another session at the shrinks because of you.
Your kids should be able to choose whether they want to call HER mom or not. They shouldn't be forced... So, if they choose to call her, then they do. I wouldn't worry about it. My son had a relationship with his step-mother's parents and it never affected me. They never mistreated him





You didn't say what she was doing to be rude to your kids.





Live and let live is what you can do, i guess. That's what i did after i was divorced and my ex got remarried.
If your ex won't back you up I guess you'll just have to try and calmly explain that the only person your kids are going to call ';mom'; is you. If it gets too bad with her yelling or being rude, tell the ex it might be time to go back to family court so you can get sole custody of the kids.
OK....to me this is a no brainer, but I would tell the winch in no uncertain terms that she aint my kids mama. Period, point blank. Sounds to me like its a power struggle and she's letting you know she's the new sheriff, but I'd tell the winch to back up when it comes to my kids, I'd tell her '; The day you $hit my kids out your a## will be the day they can call you mama!!!';';
I wouldn't worry about it, you pick your battles when it comes to custody stuff. I'd be more concerned about the way she treats your children. That's whats important.
It doesn't really matter what they call her because they know that you are their mother and not her.
she has a problem ,, just tell the kids to address her by her first name .
tell her about her self let her know how you feel and you dont like hows shes acting with your kids
Your kids have the right to choose who they call mom, so chill. Starting a fight about it is bad for the kids. You are just as guilty for causing your kids grief by starting a childish fight. I allowed my son to choose what he wanted to call his step mom and he chose to call her by her first name. Pressuring your kids is a bad idea. How do you know she is being rude to your kids? Are you 100% for sure your kids are not trying to manipulate you as a way to get attention. My step son went this route and had his mom believing all kinds of garbage--he got counseling and she got told her child was manipulating the situation to get attention from her. Unfortunately for her she took the situation to far before she got him to counseling and she ended up doing a little jail time for her actions. You need to stop and think--you also need to be realistic in the fact that some things your child may be telling you might not be the truth. Instead of starting fights why don't you call and talk civil with the new step mom to see what her take on the situation is before you take it too far. I am also a bio mom of a child who has a step mom and he knows if he accuses her of any thing it better be the truth because I do call and act like a civilized person to see what her side is. Needless to say my son knows no manipulation to get attention will ever work with me. All I am saying is make sure of FACTS before you fly lose or you will end up paying the consequences. Children often don't know manipulation is wrong, but as an adult you need to be aware of how high the numbers are on children using this method for attention.
  • antivirus download
  • ie tab
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment