Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Advice on how to deal with ex-husband once baby gets here?

I am 27 wks pregnant. The father has been supportive in no way shape or form. I don't think I will have him in the room during delivery but I will of course call him when shes here. I'm worried about how to deal with him once I go home with the baby. This is my first and I want to breastfeed. While I know a lot goes into caring for a baby especially in the beginning I don't wanna keep him from her but I don't wanna be harassed by him either. He is one of those that wants to do things when he wants too no matter how it affects others. I just worry how I should approach this. Any advice??Advice on how to deal with ex-husband once baby gets here?
You need to talk about it, not when the baby is due but now. You need to sit down, talk like adults and come to an agreement about who does what.





You can still breastfeed and let your ex help. He is the father after all, and whatever you might feel about that, he also has the right to help care for his child, just as his child has the right to be cared for by his father - assuming he is in a fit shape to do so.





Try and keep personal feelings for him aside, and concentrate about what is in the best interests of your child. The one you made together...

No comments:

Post a Comment